8 top materials for kitchen renovation
The kitchen is a place of inspiration and creation for every home. Kitchen renovation countertops are an integral part and offer elegance and practicality in the home.
The choices of materials, colors and designs are endless. The kitchen counters that you will choose should have the appropriate durability, price and aesthetics to suit your tastes and your kitchen.
We are here to give you ideas for your kitchen counter that will fascinate you.
8 top construction materials for kitchen counters renovation!
1. Laminate or Bakelite kitchen countertops
One of the most common materials for the kitchen counter that circulates in most Greek homes is from Laminate or Bakelite. This material is quite popular due to its low price, ease of use and the wide variety of colors and patterns available in the trade (imitation wood, stone, granite).
Advantages of Laminate or Bakelite:
- It has an affordable cost.
- It is very easy to clean.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- It is durable over time.
Disadvantage of Laminate or Bakelite:
- It is not very resistant to very high temperatures or severe damage from bumps / scratches.
- If damaged it is not repaired, it must be completely replaced. Bakelite kitchen countertops
2. Concrete kitchen counters
Concrete is a very flexible material that can take many shades, patterns and designs and gives industrial style to your kitchen. If you decide to make the kitchen countertop from concrete, most likely it will be built on the spot in your space.
Advantages of Concrete:
- It is quite economical.
- It withstands time.
- Resistance to heat and abrasion.
Disadvantages of Concrete:
- Needs regular maintenance and varnishing.
- Contact with acid-containing materials can damage it. Concrete kitchen counters
3. Glass kitchen counters
The glass counter for your kitchen is the most modern on the market. Its installation will give a more modern design to your space. It is easily combined with many materials and you can print any photo or design of your choice.
Advantages of Glass:
- It has low cost.
- It is durable and not scratched.
- It has heat resistance.
- Easy to clean.
Disadvantages of Glass:
- If it cracks or breaks you will need to replace the entire piece of glass.
- You need to clean it often because the rings and salts are visible, just like the rest of the windows in the house. Glass kitchen counters
4. Wooden kitchen counters
Classic choice, suitable for traditional style. Wood is a very warm and welcoming material that fits perfectly in the warmth atmosphere that we want our kitchen to have.
Advantages of Wood:
- The wooden bench is relatively easy to install and repair. So the various scratches and minor damage can be eliminated by sanding the wood.
- You can easily combine it with wooden furniture and frames for a more cozy result.
Disadvantages of Wood:
- The wooden bench is sensitive to moisture and high temperature, and can swell.
- It needs frequent varnishing to keep its shape.
- It is a very expensive material, the type of wood you choose to build your kitchen countertops also plays an important role.
5. Ceramic tile kitchen countertops
Ceramic tiles may for some be considered an old-fashioned choice for the kitchen counter. In recent years, however, they have come to the fore again, as many choose them.
Advantages of Ceramic Tiles:
You can find the tiles in a wide variety of colors, patterns and designs. Tip: Remember to look for handmade ceramic tiles, which are of great aesthetic interest.
- Ceramic tiles are highly resistant to scratches, high temperatures, stains and moisture.
- They are easy to clean.
Disadvantages of Ceramic Tiles:
- Joints collect dirt, germs and are difficult to clean.
- The tiles can break, so you will need to save some to replace them anyway. ceramic tiles
6. Kitchen or marble countertops
Marble and granite are both natural rocks, which are very durable and with an impressive appearance. Their natural form will give a very special note to your kitchen.
Advantages of Marble or Granite:
- It has incomparable resistance to scratches and heat.
- It is easy and simple to clean.
- It hardly changes at all over time
- Withstands humidity, high temperatures and stress
Disadvantages of Marble or Granite:
- The furniture that supports such a bench must be durable, as marble and granite are very heavy materials.
- If the stone is porous, it needs a special passage with varnish and even frequent.
- It is probably the most expensive choice among the materials for kitchen counters. Marble kitchen counters
7. Kitchen worktops by Corian
Corian is a synthetic material made from aluminum hydroxide and acrylic polymers. The use of Corian reduces the use of natural materials such as wood and marble, having a more ecological profile.
- Available in a wide variety of colors and designs.
- It is environmentally friendly, does not contain toxic substances and is 100% recyclable.
- It has great resistance to stress, heat and scratches.
- The surface has a high uniformity and there are no cracks in the counter to accumulate dust and moisture.
- It is easy to clean because it is not porous and stains remain on the surface instead of being absorbed.
- Bacteria and mold do not grow on its surface.
Disadvantages of Corian:
- Its cost is high and almost the same as that of real stone.
- It may lose its color if exposed to heat (of course this also depends on the particular characteristics of each material).
- It is softer and more delicate than real stone. Bed counters made of bedbugs
8. Quartz kitchen counters
The construction of the kitchen countertop from quartz is a very modern choice that will fascinate you. Quartz countertops are made of 93% crushed quartz and paint and resins are added to the rest of the mixture.
Advantages of Quartz:
They have great resistance to any kind of stress such as scratches and heat.
- It is non-porous.
- Available in a wide variety of colors.
- They do not need polishing or varnishing.
- They are flexible in formatting.
Disadvantages of Quartz:
- The high cost that almost reaches that of real stone.
- Not so natural look. Quartz kitchen counters
We hope we have helped you choose the right material to make your kitchen countertops renovation exactly the way you want them.